Good morning my gorgeous readers! I am SO excited to share with you this fab competition by ethical fashion brand Sseko Designs and fair trade wedding dress designer Celia Grace! This is exciting on so many levels! The prize, first of all, is mindblowingly generous; but even more importantly, the work these two brands do deserves to be promoted far and wide. A lot of goodness derives from it – women are empowered, and families from poorer countries receive the means to support themselves. So, as if their kindness isn’t enough, these two brands are now offering you something truly special!
Here are the details!
We love stories, especially love stories, and we’re asking brides to share theirs with us for a chance to win this beautiful giveaway – retailed at $4,500!
Sseko Sandals include a leather sandal base with 5 anchor points, through which interchangeable fabric ribbons can be tied and styled in hundreds of ways. The Wedding Collection ribbons are available in 100% dupioni silk, chiffon, and lace. Perfect for destination and outdoor weddings (hmmm… hello wedding in Sharm el Sheikh!).
What we love most about Sseko Wedding Sandals is that they are contributing to the education and empowerment of young women in Africa. Sseko sandals are handmade by women in Uganda who are earning money to finance their university education. Sseko is currently giving opportunity to 50 women through dignified employment, has sent 36 women to university, and has just added 15 women to our team as the newest class of university bound women.
But the story doesn’t end there, as Sseko is beyond excited to partner with Celia Grace, fair trade wedding dresses. Behind every Celia Grace wedding dress is a story as beautiful as the dress itself – handmade eco silks, a Fair Trade women’s sewing group, and a water filter donated to a family in need.
All you need to do is visit the Her Love Story page on the Sseko website from tomorrow, Saturday 1st February, enter your details and write a description of your love story! It’s that simple! But please, don’t forget to check the T&Cs (at the bottom of both this page and the Her Love Story page), particularly if you are a non-US resident, as you will need to pay for delivery and customs.
The not-so-small prints, aka T&Cs
- Celia Grace Wedding dress must be ordered direct from Celia Grace, not from a bridal store partner. Winner is responsible for the cost of shipping and any customization (alteration, beading, accessories, etc). Wedding dress prize is transferable, but must be claimed by December 15, 2014. Most dresses take 3-4 months to sew and deliver. Celia Grace dresses are sold off-the-rack (no customization) in US sizes 0 – 14.
- Sseko Designs will send up to 8 pairs of sandals to one U.S. ship-to location. An International winner will be responsible for the shipping and customs to their location.
- Entries will close February. 28th, 11:59 PST and one lucky winner will be chosen.
- By entering your email address, you are agreeing to receive emails from Sseko and Celia Grace. You can opt out at any time.
- Only one entry per person.
Photo credits: loveridgephotography.com